Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The good, the bad, and the knotted


Sometimes, you just gotta go back to basics. . Like the batch of chocolate chip and walnut cookies I baked for church this week. Simple, comforting and oh, so delicious!. I watched "Stranger than Fiction" again yesterday and, well, it makes me want chocolate chip cookies. Especially ones that are just a little undercooked. Mmmmmm.

On a completely unrelated topic(I couldn't figure out a segue any less abrupt) This is my first attempt at plying my now passable singles. It's supposed to be one strand, but, erm, well, i plied a strand that was spun to the left with a strand that was spun to the right, so instead of twisting together and making yarn, they twisted against each other and back onto themselves, forming, in effect, a giant knot. Which is okay. I'll chalk it all up to the learning process :-)

Now, if you'll excuse me, I believe there are some cookies calling my name.....

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just keep plugging away.

Rehj said...

Gimmeh someodat cukeh happeh gudnesh!

nancy said...

But it is a hand-spun, hand plied knot. That makes it pretty fancy.
Hey. Here's a great "side-track" for you. But definitely a possible use for lovely hand made knots. Look at this "first-time-felter's" product.
http://r2artstudio.typepad.com/r2art_studio_blog/
Bet you could do that kind of stuff. I'm afraid I'm going to try it. Got a book at the library and you probably know what that means. I can't stick to one thing to save my life.
Nancy

nancy said...

You asked about my swap. It's my first one. I can't tell you who or what because it's a secret! Squeeee to you, too. :D
Nancy

Diane Shiffer said...

My goodness, what a wonderfully crafted knot that is!;-)

Ally said...

oh, my gosh. i love stranger than fiction so, so much. i must now go find some cookies. american-style cookies.